Today Sparkler has officially entered double-digits.
(Confetti, music, wild dancing are appropriate, based on Sparkler’s opinion of the occasion.)
In honor of Sparkler’s 10th birthday, here are…
10 Things About Sparkler
- She’s a better baker than I am.
- She loves My Little Pony.
- She’s writing a novel, and has about 7500 words typed out. She’s giving herself five years to finish it.
- Related to #3, she’s great at ideas, less enthusiastic about the details and day-to-day work of making them reality.
- What she feels, she feels entirely at the moment. She’s happy, she’s disappointed, she’s frustrated, she’s bored… and that can all be within the space of half an hour.
- She’s funny, and she’s sharpening the wit that runs through my side of the family. She’ll hold her own with her Southern folk in years to come.
- She’s been reading since she was four, so is full of facts and knowledge.
- If she thinks she’s right—or if she doesn’t want you to be right—she will argue for all eternity.
- She’s quick to offer sympathy and understanding.
- She is loyal and full of admiration for those she loves.
It’s been a good ten years of Sparkler. Happy birthday! We love you!